Tuesday, November 4, 2008

election day!


I voted! First time in my life! I left a lot of the little boxes blank because I had no idea whether or not I wanted those certain judges to remain in office, but I voted nonetheless. I am an american, and many lives were given so that I can vote, so I did. The founders of our nation created a democratic republic. They truly believed in popular sovereignty, and one of the easiest (and only) ways I can express my opinion and put that power to use is voting. Now you have heard my little deal on why voting is important. If you didn't vote, that's sad.

5 comments:

Manda said...

Yay for voting! It felt pretty cool to participate in the election in that way, didn't it? It's good to be an American. (Your sticker is way cuter than ours, sad)

mikejfrancis said...

i thought america only let teeny boppers vote on american idol...
love, your brother mike

mikejfrancis said...

that being said, hows your freaking life dude? do you know any cool secret sorority handshakes? manda informs there is an early 90s movie starring shannon doherty about a sorority girl that steals her identity and steals her position as sorority president and also steals her band and. im calling you in a second.

mikejfrancis said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_%27Til_the_End

read that plot summary and tell me my wife isnt awesome for having watched the entire movie

Steve said...

Good job "Barackin'" the vote...they even had flu shots at my voting location. If there was a blood drive, I would've done all three